I was part of the administration team of one of the top 3 french minecraft server (2011/2012) that gathered more than 100 concurrent players and more than 1000 players overall.
As one a the leading administrators, I had to manage moderators and find ways to keep our players satisfied and interested.
The server was "semi-roleplay" and comported a level system with specific objectives and a complex money-based economy.
- Designing objectives and balancing player progression
- Designing a complex economical system, keeping it balanced as the server developed
- Designing and organizing events periodically (quests, mini-games,puzzles)
- Building the server (monuments, roads, teleportation points)
- Managing the moderation team
- Supporting players through an in-game moderation request system
- Coding and/or managing plugins
- Designing the server website
I won with this server the french Minecraft contest "24H du Build", hosted by Millenium et broadcast at "la Cité des Sciences", as one of the 4 team leaders.
I also helped another minecraft server as a world/background adviser and city designer/builder. The server only used minecraft as a support to provide a full roleplay experience inspired by pen and paper roleplay.